Sunday, November 28, 2010

My 'gypsy' facination..

  The Banjaras and Lambadis  are  tribes from India who have frequently been called the 'gypsies' of India. Which is not true! But I have had a life long fasination with their tribal clothes..I have been to Rajasthan(this is where they originate from) and bought a silver arm band. Bought their tribal necklace and clothes that were second hand because I thought they were so authentic. My mom has been trying to discard all of it and now that I have reached a certain age where I cannot get away wearing all this chunky jewellery and clothes I have framed the necklace...I think it's really cool.
      The colours and mirrors and coins they use with real silver is all handmade and for me it's really a piece of art. The embroidery is beautiful...here are pictures so you can see what I'm raving about!!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Hina!! I love your blog and culture!! I love to belly dance, love bollywood dance...I really admire the way India is growing!! Please keep me updated! I love this post! Grat pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. itsss sooo beautifull! I really like it! I think India has an amazing culture , soo rich! interesting and beutifull ! Very nice , thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete