Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yarn Factory...Italy.

  This is from my visit yesterday to a factory. I love how a dress is created out of nothing..to see the woolen yarns and fibers and to see the process to clean, dye, spin them into thread...I love it!! In the textile district near Florence I visited a factory that makes thread. I had seen a factory that makes elastic with a friend form India. To see how they have boxes of wool and fibers waiting in the storeroom and then the whole process it goes through to make thread was amazing to me. When I look at a beautiful creation of a dress and think of all the people and effort it has gone through just so someone can wear it its mind boggling. I wish people would think a little before buying, and buying clothes and bags and shoes that they will throw away or discard after just a season. Fast fashion (like H&M, Zara) makes fashion more affordable but should people not think a little before buying something and having it sitting in their wardrobe or wearing it just a few times. The money send on a expensive but good quality dress is an investment that is wiser in every way. You don´t buy too much if it´s too expensive and you DO wear it more than 2-3 times!
    I love fast fashion and it´s so much fun..but its like a child going crazy in a candy shop...u over buy...u want all..it´s more than u need. In the end u end up with a fashion eqivalant to a tummy ace..over stuffed wardrobes. So think, think..before u buy too much.  Carbon footprints of a garment these days is too much. :) Love fashion...but more wisely. A lot of thought and effort has gone into making us feel better and prettier. Be more picky, people.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment