Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where is the Luxury market heading?

   I live between 3 countries and travel a lot. I admit I love luxury, I mean who does not. But every time I look at the so called lux. clothing stores, I am reminded more and more of Mc Donald's and Starbucks. Don´t get me wrong I still live Dior, Valentino,etc etc....but if you really look at them at all the stores marching on to all the developing countries. existing in all the developed countries all with the same layout, the same clothes the same same same...just like Starbucks! It´s great that they want to be the same but come on I think it get a bit boring and the consumers now are so well informed...and we DO live in a global village, everyone travels. Do I REALLY want to see the same LV store in Paris, In Milan, in Barcelona, in Shanghai..all with the same layout all looking the same...hu hum..it´s boring to me..
   So I consider and many people like me who are looking for something more. Who REALLy want something different and exclusive and unique. We turn now to artisans and local specialities and Lux. thats just make as a single piece of art...Like the brands used to be until the started to mass manufacture and outsource production from their own countries. Now it´s all about the numbers.
    True luxury has lost it´s meaning and it´s quite sad. It´s just marketing, now. No one stops to think of something new to offer in the market. I know so many rich Chinese and Indians who want to copy the western big brands who want to make another Zara story.  what about looking deeper and finding something from your own country and culture that can be offered to the west?
    the future of real lux. will be locally produced, hi-quality artistic goods that are unique and make the buyer feel special when they buy it because they know there is just that ONE piece  in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting.. love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree! people should look for more creativity stuffs, not just copying or obsessed with luxuries! and today, its really all about marketing, everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete